Help! Two digboxes one card

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by woodygoodwood, Jun 16, 2005.

1. woodygoodwood

woodygoodwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    "Planet Earth Calling Sky - come in"" SOS :lease:

Can any " Sky Guru" please help me. I must admit i'm not at all practical when it comes to modern technology - I have recently bought an additional digibox to use at my caravan on weekends (I take it for granted you can get another digibox and use your sky viewing card in both boxes???? or can't I???)
    If this is possible what do I have to do/contact? I have tried to use the new box at home to try it out but just get a black screen when I connect all the cables from the old box to the new (Am i doing something wrong???
    Where do I start?? What Day is it??? Who am I??? (You dont have to answer the last 3 questions, but I AM DESPERATE NOW! Can some one please help !!!! Thank you in anticpation Regards Woody :suicide:

2. johndon

johndon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    The Sky cards are 'married' to the box so you can't just use one card in two boxes. You have to ring Sky to get them to marry the card to the box. I would guess that Sky would view this as you having boxes at two different properties and want to charge you for a sub for the second box.

John

3. Bluevanman

Bluevanman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you are getting a blank screen you are either not connecting the box correctly, or it has a major fault.Make sure that the scart lead is properly connected.If your tv hasn't got a scart you will have to do a blind retuinin of the box. Even without a signal from the dish the box will output the menus.As far as the card is concerned it will work with a second box without being paired, but you will not get any of the premium channels, ie movies and sport.