• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Help!! TV keeps changing input!

WillTommo

Standard Member
Hello,

I've had a problem with my TV for the last couple of weeks and I cannot seem to find a solution as I'm not too sure what I'm looking for!

When watching digital TV through the integrated free view, periodically, from anywhere between one minute or an hour the TV decides to change input to DVD...

It has an inbuilt DVD player which springs into life when the input changes as if it's trying to read a disc but there is nothing in there.

It's around a year old and isn't anything expensive or special but I'm not sure if the TV needs an invitation to the dump or if there is any way I can disconnect the inbuilt player and see if this will work without ruining anything else!

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Look for a stuck/sticky source button on the remote or on the set itself.
Do not attempt to disconnect anything inside or remove the back cover.
If it's "around a year old" it may still be in warranty.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Also check the up/down buttons next to the source buttons...check they have a positive action after you've pushed the source button.
I don't know your Tv model (as you haven't given it or the brand) so I don't know if they are push to make type buttons or touchscreen type?

WillTommo

Standard Member
Everything does look as it should.

The TV is a Luxor LUX-22860COB.
Like I said, nothing special or expensive as it isn't our main TV

JayCee

Distinguished Member
If you're technically adept and used to working with electronics I'd suggest taking the back off and removing the plug/lead from the local controls board and see if that fixes it.
Naturally take full safety precautions and unplug the set before you start.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom