Help - Tuning Pioneer DVR-560 to VM cable

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by STeveAV, Feb 11, 2009.

1. STeveAV

STeveAV
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :lease:I have just taken delivery of a Pioneer DVR-560HK HDD recorder but cant get it to tune into my Virgin Media Cable set top box. I am pretty sure I have connected it up OK STP via scart into AV2 (input) on the 560 but the auto tune doesn't find any stations!. I have tried both the digital and analogue scans

It could be the recorder is faulty of course but I would like to be surer before I go through the hassle of sending it back.

2. ramjet

ramjet
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +622
    on a sony its line 1 input with line 3 as output to the tv

as the pioneer is a near equivalent I would have thought you should be using tv out scart of the VM box into line 1 of the recorder and selecting line 1 as the input

auto tune is for the rf channels using the internal tuner , and these would be from your aerial and not from your VM box

if your VM box has an rf analogue output channel connect rf leads from the vm rf output to the analogue rf aerial input on the pioneer , and the analogue rf output up to your tv

the chances are that its user error , not a faulty recorder

Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
  3. Gavtech

Gavtech
    Administrator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,094
    No DVDR will 'tune in ' stations from an external box such as a Virgin box.

The virgin box is actually the tuner and it delivers all the channels IT 'tunes' or discriminates via the AV2 connection.

Your 560 will not 'see' or register the channels ...but can record them via the AV2 input.