Help troubleshoot/fix Yamaha RX-V565 Amp

Skywarp SCS

Standard Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about Amps?

I have a Yamaha RX-V565 AV receiver.

For some reason it has stopped outputiing sound through the front centre channel, it's only about 15/16mths old and annoyingly out of warranty. I first noticed it watching SKY HD

I have swapped the actual speaker out into a different position, where it works OK (eliminating that) and have replaced the speaker cable, both to no avail. Every time I do the "Test Tone" the LCD flashes when the front centre should be in play, but produces no sound.

Firmware seems to be OK, using version 032. I have not tried a factory reset as I have found insufficient info on how to do one. I'll be performing an auto-set up with the provided mic shortly.

I have a horrible feeling it's a hardware issue that's going to cost.

Any thoughts?

factory reset is a doddle, at least it is on the 757. If only I could remember how to do it :blush:
/scurries away to find manual

ok, it on page 91 of the 757 Manual . The 565 manual is here if you have not got it, but you need to register

It is simple on the 757 ,
with the unit in standby, hold down the "straight effect" button and press standby
rotate the program dial and select "preset"
press straight effect to select the desired setting (reset or cancel)
then press standby/on to confirm

All at your own risk of course ;)

Thanks for the pointers, I'll chance it and see what happens. It's not in my manual for some reason?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom