HELP - Trouble with BBC channels

dg252

Standard Member
Reaction score
I am getting a "No satellite signal is being received" on most BBC channels. All other channels seem to be working fine. It's just the majority of BBC channels.

The weather is fine, I have tried the LNB reset procedure, I have tried cutting the power to the box for a minute, I have checked all the connections...all to no avail.

Can anyone help?

I have Sky HD via a communal dish and have never experienced any problems before. I have had the system installed for just over a year...in fact Sky told me only yesterday that I was 2 days out of my warranty period. Not sure they ever offered me their protection plan either (I probably would have taken it too).

Please HELP!!

The same thing started to happen with my box - it wasn't BBC channels but all the channels on the same transponder had this fault.

Unfortunately my box was out of the warranty period but calling Sky out got me a new (refurbished) box which solved the problem.

The same thing started to happen with my box - it wasn't BBC channels but all the channels on the same transponder had this fault.

Unfortunately my box was out of the warranty period but calling Sky out got me a new (refurbished) box which solved the problem.

What was the total cost to you?I feel that mine is also fading out as I've had similar problems constantly over last month or so.Did you retain your old box
and can you still play your old recordings?

I am getting a "No satellite signal is being received" on most BBC channels. All other channels seem to be working fine. It's just the majority of BBC channels.

The weather is fine, I have tried the LNB reset procedure, I have tried cutting the power to the box for a minute, I have checked all the connections...all to no avail.

Can anyone help?

I have Sky HD via a communal dish and have never experienced any problems before. I have had the system installed for just over a year...in fact Sky told me only yesterday that I was 2 days out of my warranty period. Not sure they ever offered me their protection plan either (I probably would have taken it too).

Please HELP!!

Have you asked if other people connected to the dish have the same problem? Can you connect your box to a friend's dish or a friend's Sky box to your dish?

Any of these could help isolate the fault to the box or the communal distribution system before calling out Sky.

What was the total cost to you?I feel that mine is also fading out as I've had similar problems constantly over last month or so.Did you retain your old box
and can you still play your old recordings?

It was the standard sky service charge of £65. As it was a new box the recordings stayed with the old box.

Same thing has happened to me a couple of times - although not with BBC. I just unplugged the box from the electricity for a couple of mins and plugged it back in and everything then worked OK.

It was the standard sky service charge of £65. As it was a new box the recordings stayed with the old box.

Sorry to labour the point but how long were you out of 1 year warranty and when you say "recordings stayed with old box" do you mean lost to you forever?(I have lots of recordings I would hate to loose).Did you have much of a row with SKY to get a new box at a cost of £65 service charge?

UPDATE

The BBC channels started working again :)

...and then they stopped working again :mad:

Can I infer from this that it is a dish problem rather than an STB problem?

:lease:

Have you checked with the other people who are on the same system to see if they are having any problems with the BBC channels?
This may tell you if it is the box or the communal set up.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom