1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help ! Triplexer

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by briant_9999, Apr 18, 2005.

1. briant_9999

briant_9999

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Help ! Hope someone can give me some advice with this !
    I have a triplexer wall plate in the living room in my house which takes in a TV+SAT shielded cable. I dont use the telephone part at all, which is unconnected.

The wall plate splits the signal into TV, SAT and FM. My TV signal is connected to the aerial-in socket on my TV and works fine. I'm having problems with my SAT signal though.
    M digibox complains of "no satellite signal". I thought it might be a loose connection at the wall plate and reconnected it. This worked for about an hour and then "no satellite signal" again. I cant seem to get any SAT signal at all through my wall plate at all now even though the TV signal is fine. Is this the filtering in the wall plate gone duff ?? Has anyone seen this before.
    Thanks for the help

2. vex

vex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +261
    It could be a faulty faceplate with a bad circuit board, but I would look at the other end of the cable, or even the feed from the dish.

A couple of q's for you.

Are you in a flat or house?

Has it ever worked or is this the first time you have tried.

If you are in a flat do the other people around you have the same problem or are you the only one. If you are the only one then it is on your bit of cable from the distribution equipment to the triplexer outlet.

That should start you off getting a solution.

Chris

3. briant_9999

briant_9999

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Chris, I'm in a flat with a communal dish. It has worked before and has only recently become intermittent. I'm just wondering how common it is for a faceplate to go bad. I would think it is just passive filtering etc, but I dont have a lot of experience with it.

4. vex

vex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +261
    If it has worked before then it is unlikely to be the faceplate.

I would check with the other residents in the block to see if they are having problems.

That way you can nail down if it is your side of the distribution equipment or the shared side.

Theres a chance it is global and the dish has shifted or something.

5. briant_9999

briant_9999

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got it sorted ! Turns out it was one port of a multiswitch box tha had gone. Typically it was the one connected to my flat !The guy that did the installation found it.
    Thanks for the help anyway !