1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Transfering From Panasonic NV-GS50B to PC

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Garbo, Apr 5, 2003.

1. Garbo

Garbo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My friend got a new Panasonic NV-GS50B, he filmed some footage, but now we're having trouble transfering to a pc. He filmed it on the tapes, then transfered to the memory card to get it to the PC via USB. However, the video is very bad quality and low framerate (it is MPEG4). Is there any other format which this camera supports to get the footage to a PC. Sorry, both of us are fairly new to this and help would be appreciated.

specs for the cam are

here

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,381
    The only method of transfering video in full quality to a PC is via firewire.
    All DV camcorders will have a firewire output and all PC's running Windows 98SE or later can (or will already) have a firewire card added. Firewire cards are PCI cards that just plug on to your PC's motherboard and can be bought for around £15 or £30+ including editing software. The cards are normally supplied with a 6 pin to 4 pin cable for connecting camcorder to PC.
    The only other thing you will need is plenty of disk space on the PC as DV footage takes 1Gb of space for every 4 minutes of video.

Mark.

3. Garbo

Garbo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, I think I know hwo to do it, there doesn't seem to be much mention of the firewire in the manual, but alot of people say the manual for this camera is very bad and doesn't explain much. I have a firewire card for my iPod, and a firewire cable with 4 to 6 pin adaptor. So I'll try using that, thanks.

4. JimM

JimM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Hi Garbo

I'm considering buying this camera, what does your mate think of it ? What made him opt for this one, do you know if there are any reviews etc of it anywhere

Thanks

Jim