Help! Totally novice.

ShanePJ

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
The main difference between them is that the L9 uses three lasers (red, green, and blue - TriChroma Technology) while the L5 uses a single blue laser (X-Fusion Laser Light) and splits that into the red, green and blue colours. This enable for a brighter image and achieves a 107% standard for BT2020 colour space. As it's also a newer model there will be far more than just this area, but that on its own is quite a massive step forward

Simon TW

Novice Member
The main difference between them is that the L9 uses three lasers (red, green, and blue - TriChroma Technology) while the L5 uses a single blue laser (X-Fusion Laser Light) and splits that into the red, green and blue colours. This enable for a brighter image and achieves a 107% standard for BT2020 colour space. As it's also a newer model there will be far more than just this area, but that on its own is quite a massive step forward
Thank you for the reply.

My only use is to watch films, normally Prime, Netflix, Disney etc. Would the single blue laser be of decent quality?

ShanePJ

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
I'm just checking on the streaming system as the L5 models is a HD version, so if it has a UHD option, then the differences will be noticable.

As for quality of image, everything is relevant and I would say yes, but as it will be your money, this is where the relevance comes in and if you are happy with what the projector has to offer, then at that point, you would say yes. However, if the projector has more features, is brighter and also has the benefit of the extra filters system to reduce reflection (which is included on the larger 120 L5 version) plus using three lasers to generate the primary colours, then yes as these together will be quite noticeable in my opinion

Simon TW

Novice Member
I'm just checking on the streaming system as the L5 models is a HD version, so if it has a UHD option, then the differences will be noticable.

As for quality of image, everything is relevant and I would say yes, but as it will be your money, this is where the relevance comes in and if you are happy with what the projector has to offer, then at that point, you would say yes. However, if the projector has more features, is brighter and also has the benefit of the extra filters system to reduce reflection (which is included on the larger 120 L5 version) plus using three lasers to generate the primary colours, then yes as these together will be quite noticeable in my opinion
Thank you for your reply.

Simon TW

Novice Member
May i ask why are you only considering Hisense for an UST Projector?
Thank you for the reply.

I asked a friend who was thinking about a projector but went for big TV instead as he didn't have the room. I was thinking about a TV and hadn't considered a projector.

I then viewed some video's on you tube, however I'm really open to suggestions. I haven't got any preference. Hisense come with a screen and they install. It seems that's only in the UK though. I'm not far off the Northern Ireland border but I'm in in Ireland and it seems that Hisense don't have product support in Ireland so I'd have to install it myself anyway.

Most of my TV's are Samsung, I'm old and I know how the remote works.

I love watching films, I don't game and I don't watch sports. Netflix, Prime Disney etc.

Macbooky

FYI, The Hisense L9 is down to £3999 at Richer Sounds at the moment.

Simon TW

Novice Member
FYI, The Hisense L9 is down to £3999 at Richer Sounds at the moment.
Thanks for the heads up.

I’ve got the room ready and furnished but I encountered a hurdle. We’re in Ireland, not far of the border with Northern Ireland. It seems that Hisense won’t supply their product to Ireland. It‘s the first time that I’ve ever encountered this issue. I can pick it up myself and instal it myself but it comes with a 100 inch screen in a huge box.

Richer Sounds Belfast will deliver all over Ireland but not Hisense products.

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom