1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! Toshiba TLP-ET1 or BENQ PE5120!?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by deem, Jun 6, 2005.

1. deem

deem
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I've just ordered a Benq PE5120 for £515, but have just found out I can get a Toshiba TLP-ET1 for more than £100 less at £399. Should I stick with what Ive ordered, or does the Toshiba stand up well against the Benq considering its over £100 cheaper.

Ill be using it mainly for games in a small room with no light, but will also use it in my lounge in the evenings for movies, but as this is my first projector, I may not be that aware of image quality.

I did a search, but could only find one thread about the ET1, so any help would be very much appreciated.

Cheers.

2. Darko

Darko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +197
    Mate these 2 pjs are in totally different ball parks the benq is a far better machine so much so that one guy in the forum said he would pick it over a infocus 4805 which is the mutts nuts, I myself own a 5120 and I have seen a ET1 running and to be honest they are in different leagues stick with your purchase you wont regret it.. the et1 does not even have a zoom !!!!!Doh Doh Doh

Cheerrs Darko

3. cyberheater

cyberheater

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +179
    Easy. Stick to the BenQ.

4. Maff et1

Maff et1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I love my ET1 (but not a physical way that would be sick, and probably affect image quality).

However the main difference between these 2 PJ's is about 2 years of development. The ET1 is an old design, the 5120 has only just been released. If it had been arround when I got my ET1 (only about 3 months ago) I would have had a very close look at it.

There is a review of the 5120 here: http://www.homecinemachoice.com/cgi-bin/displayreview.php?reviewid=5792
    And a review of the ET1 from the same publication: http://www.homecinemachoice.com/cgi-bin/displayreview.php?reviewid=4388

I'd stick with the 5120, atleast as long as you don't suffer rainbows...

5. deem

deem
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Well, I had to go out before I had any replies, and I decided to take the £100, cancel the BenQ and get a Toshiba from pc world. Got down to pc world, got cold feet, and decided to pop in to Virgin to have a quick gander to see if I'd had any replies.

PHEW! that was a close one! Cheers guys, didnt cancel my order, and hope fuly I'll recieve my 5120 on wednesday morning.

Sorry I started another 'which is best' thread, it must be very dull for the regular posters, but your comments have been a massive help, and hopefuly on wednesday ill be chuffed to bits.

Now to get a bigger flat...

6. cartmin

cartmin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    As Bungle, Zippy & George would say stick with the BenQ :rolleyes: