Help - Toshiba SD220E not recognising disks

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by woodhst2, Aug 19, 2004.

1. woodhst2

woodhst2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My above multi region DVD player has completely given up recognising any region DVDs thrown at it. It says "loading" repeatedly, seems to beep (quietly) a few times and "revs up" a few times and then says "disk error" after about 20 seconds. Anyone any ideas?

Insert an audio CD and it works just fine!

I thought maybe it might be something like losing it's multi region capability (like on other threads) so I tried making a CD to re-flash it, but it says "disk error" on that as well.

Any help much appreciated - thanks in advance

Steve

2. barvedel

barvedel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am facing the same problem with a 2 years old SD210E. Did you ever get any answer to help resolve it ? Is it worth trying to fix it ?

3. laser

laser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    The symptoms described sound like a DVD laser assembly problem rather than a multi-region problem. You could try the following if you haven't already done so:

1. Clean the DVD lens or get a qualified electronics engineer to do it. I'm not sure how good the cleaning DVDs are.

2. Play a Region 0 DVD or make one if you have a computer and DVD recorder. This should eliminate a region code problem.

3. Get the player fixed under warrenty if still covered. If it isn't and the laser assembly has failed it would be cheaper to junk the player and buy a new one. Not good news but they are simply not worth repairing unless you have a £300+ player. :(

4. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    my 220 started to do that a couple of weeks ago, then last saturday it stoped outputting sound (from any outlet - coaxal, digital, RCA and SCART) so i dumped it and bought a Pioneer 757 for 118 from RS!

Goodbye Tosh - Hello Pioneer!!! its fab fab fab!!!

sorry - i calm down now. i think that they may be kerput.

Gary