Help! Toshiba 52WM48 goes black for a few seconds

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Mitsonian, Aug 22, 2005.

1. Mitsonian

Mitsonian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi I have connected my Denon 3910 to the Toshiba 52WM48 DLP via HDMI using 1081 resolution for my video, for my audio, I use Coaxial to my Yamaha Dolby Digital amp.

The problem I have is that when I am watching a film, every half an hour/ 45mins the Toshiba screen goes blank for about 1 second and comes back. The sound is completely fine so it may not be the DVD player. It is more of an annoyance than anything.

I wonder whether there is a setting that I got wrong. Has anyone experienced this? and can someone help?

Thanks,
    Mitsy

2. mrmoo

mrmoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Just because the DVD sound is ok does not mean the DVD is OK. Can you rule out the DVD for sure, try the component connection.

3. Les

Les
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Sorry to hear your set is also acting up on the HDMI Mitsonian.

I also have the same problem - as do one or two others. In my case, my supplier (BuyYourAV) has elected to ignore my problem. Hope you get the problem resolved.

See the following thread as 1 example.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228033&page=2&pp=15

4. Mitsonian

Mitsonian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Les,

You mentioned that you have the same problem. Is it exactly the same or is it similar, what is your experience in dealing with this issue.

Thanks,
    Mitsey

5. P&J

P&J
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have the Denon 2910 connected to my 52wm48 and at first experienced the same problem when playing DVDs.
    Solution is simple and has been posted on this forum several times. The Denon manual indicates that when playing PAL DVDs at 1080i via HDMI the output on the Denon must be set to NTSC (not AUTO). Sounds odd but this is what the machine requires and is stated in the manual (which of course is very hard to comprehend!). I now have a wonderful constant picture - no blips at all since correcting this setting.

6. Mitsonian

Mitsonian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    By changing the setting to NTSC and not Auto, I now do not have any blips on the screen!! Brilliant and many thanks P&J.