1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Toshiba 36ZP38 died. Any engineers out there

Discussion in 'TVs' started by potshot, Jul 11, 2004.

1. potshot

potshot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +183
    My 36ZP38 went blank tonight. The green timer light near the red standby light started flashing. Has anybody got any idea's what caused this to happen and what is wrong with the set. Disappointed for a set that is only 14 months old. Whatever happens toshiba will repair for free because 14 months is not reasonable usage for a product that cost £1200.

Pot

2. pete g

pete g

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just had the same occur to my zp 38 model i see your situation was over 12 months ago but did you have any luck?

3. potshot

potshot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +183
    Hi Toshiba repaired the TV free of charge because it was just out of its warranty by only a couple of months. The tube had blown, they replaced it and the picture wasn't right and insisted that toshiba sent out a tecnical manager who said the tube was faulty so another tube went in by another company. They didn't set up the tube properly so another visit by the technical manager who put the tv on a generator and set up the tv.

My advice to you is if its the tube and the picture is not the same as before the set went down get onto toshiba and insist one of their technical managers set up the set.

Mike

4. pete g

pete g

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had my tv fixed free of charge also but i had to pay for an authourised engineer to fix it ,pay him (luckily he sourced the parts from toshiba free of charge) and the n claim back the monies from the retailer under the sale of goods act.They did pay up with a bit of prompting.
    PS the sale of goods act indicates retailers are responsible for 6 years even out of manufacturers guarantee. This explains their repeeted atempts to push extended 5 year warranties. :)