1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help: Toshiba 28zd26p service menu

Discussion in 'TVs' started by wh@ssup!, Nov 15, 2003.

1. wh@ssup!

wh@ssup!

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi folks, I'm new to this forum so hello.
    I have just bought a 28zd26p and am chuffed to bits with the picture. However there is a slight problem with the geometry, I was wondering if anyone out there knows how to access the service menu so I can try and fix this.

Cheers, wh@ssup!

2. captain_h

captain_h

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a similar request in a current thread - except for a PS12. So the alternative question may be - is there a resource / FAQ somewhere that lists the service menu sequences for popular TVs ? I couldn't find anything about this in the avforums FAQ.

Or indeed - for discussion - is it a good idea to rummage about in the service menu? Can anything be irrevokably broken by doing this... :)

Cheers

Capt'n

3. bibooo

bibooo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
  4. scrapbook

scrapbook

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +527
    I didn't think you could change the geometry on the Toshiba's? Or am I wrong?

Just out of interest what sort of problems are you encountering?

5. wh@ssup!

wh@ssup!

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for all your suggestions. In response to the last post my picture slopes up from left to right by approx. 3-4mm. The picture looks ok with a digital signal as it seems to reduce the tilt but when looking at text you can still see the slope. Does anyone know what parameter in the service menu lets you rotate the picture? I'm assuming you can seeing as you can alter height and width etc. If anyone out there knows I would really appreciate it otherwise I might end up sending it back (again).

Cheers, w@ssup!

6. john_p

john_p
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    captain_h, there is plenty of info about the Panasonic setup menu in this thread. The info works on my TX28PS12C just fine. I can certainly recommend writing all the original settings down and keep them in a drawer, just in case!

7. bibooo

bibooo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    wh@ssup,

There is no parameter in the service menu for the 28ZD to rotate the picture (if you had a 36ZD there is user adjustable geomagnetic rotation).

If the problem is that the whole picture needs rotating, call a service engineer and he'll be able to sort it out. However if the picture is bowed or sloping on only one side, this can't be rectified (send it back).

Don't feel so bad, I had 6 36ZDs until I found a "perfect" example.

8. bodyfodder

bodyfodder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Iv just got hold of one of these sets but have a bit of a problem that i dont think has been mentioned. I have a strange pattening effect down both sides of the screen and it is clearly visible all of the time.

Is there a solution to this problem in the service/designer modes? Or is this the dark sides problem that has been talking about?

any help would be great
    Thanks.