Help! Tosh 3109 +r compatability

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by TarPot, Jan 15, 2003.

1. TarPot

TarPot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    I have a Toshiba 3109. +r discs from a standalone Phillips 880 work fine on it.
    But +r discs from my p.c, don't work. I'm sure I've read about this problem somewhere. Does anyone know a way around this?
    Thanks-in-advance.

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,267
    If your burning DVD Videos on your PC I suggest using Nero as you can run a wizard that results in a DVD Video (it won't let you add anything that will make the disk non-Video). Sometimes using other burners causes the disk to be incompatible in some fussier standalone players.

3. TarPot

TarPot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    Thanks. I've tried nero and still doesn't work. On nero you have to burn them as dvd-rom in udf 1.02 mode for older players. But to no avail.

4. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,267
    Ok - next suggestion - try creating a 'DVD Video' of the files you want to play on your HDD. Then use a software DVD Player that will allow you to play from your HDD. This will enable you to see if it is the DVD Video files that are the problem (in which case re-encoding will solve it) or whether it is a burning problem.

I recommend these forums if your getting stuck (and you fail to get sufficient advice here):
    http://forum.digital-digest.com/

5. TarPot

TarPot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    The discs seem to play on other brands of player, so I don't think it is either a encode or burn problem. On a disc created by the Phillips standalone recorder, there is a VIDEO_RM folder. No AUDIO_TS folder, as there is on the pc created ones. I'm lost!