Help! Torn between two LCD's

medicalgiant

Established Member
Reaction score
I purchased a 27" Tevion a year or so ago and it had a few issues, but I stuck with it as they seemed to have ironed themselves out. Then lastnight, it stopped working. So I'm taking it back sometime in the next week and am looking for a replacement. I've decided I need.... ok, maybe not "need" but would prefer a bigger screen. So am looking at 32" models. Specifically the

LG 32LX2R and the Acer AT3201W.

Primarily, because they are relatively cheap.

I intend to use the tv for watching a variety of material ie: HDTV SKY when it arrives but including such things as DivX\Xvid, Analogue & Digital TV (Can't seem to get a stable digital BBC 1\2\3 image where I am, it pixelates and breaks up, but no problems on analogue)... now where was I.... oh yes media containers, VCD\SVCD\SKVCD\DVD's needless to say, lots of different media types. I also want to connect a HTPC upto the tv and have a means of connecting a set of speakers at a later date.

My questions therefore are:

What connections do i require? More importantly, from the two sets above, which tv is missing the connections I shall require... as I shall buy the other one :)

Is there any other LCD TV that you would suggest I should look at before making my final choice.

My budget is £600 - £1000. It would have been more, but the tevion didn't tell me it was about to break down.... (mumbles) all this technology in one place and no warning flags :)

Thank you for your input.

If your budget is £1000 I would recommend looking at the Panasonic TX32LDX52 if you can find one.It is a far better panel than the 2 you have mentioned.
Or wait for the new Panasonic models which should be in the shops soon.Rumour has it that they are going to be cheaper than the outgoing models.

Lin3ar said:
If your budget is £1000 I would recommend looking at the Panasonic TX32LDX52 if you can find one.It is a far better panel than the 2 you have mentioned.
Or wait for the new Panasonic models which should be in the shops soon.Rumour has it that they are going to be cheaper than the outgoing models.

I would, but I suppose I should have mentioned. I am house-bound and now the tv is up the spout, a bit bored :( So whichever tv I choose has got to be available to buy online and effectively ready to ship. I'm hoping to choose a suitable model by tomorrow, or tuesday at the latest.

I googled for the TX32LDX52, but can only find one stockist who has one without HDMI for £1000 (I imagine I would need hdmi?) or one with for £200 more than I can afford right now. I suppose I could sell a limb!? But I'm kind of running low on limbs presently :rotfl:

I was just wondering, what makes the TX32LDX52 any different from the other tv's I chose earlier? I've tried looking at the specs but I can't see whatever it is. Perhaps because I've been researching this all day :( So if you could point out the "obvious", that would be appreciated.

Also, what is the expected time or arrival for these "new" panasonic tv's? Are we days\weeks\months away from their arrival in the shops?

Thank you.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom