1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help......too many to choose from!

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by thejudge, May 26, 2004.

1. thejudge

thejudge
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking at buying my first camcorder and have reached a sticking point............which one to buy.

I'm aiming for the budget end of the digital market i.e. less than 300 quid. There are a few possibilities out there but i think i need further advice.

I'm looking at the Sony TRV265 and the JVC GR-D23. The Sony is DV in and out which the JVC hasn't got but i would prefer a MiniDV rather than Digital8. Which would you recommend? Ideally i would go for the JVC GR-D53 but this may be slightly outside my budget. Does anyone have any experience with these camcorders? if so whats your advice? Is there any other models i should be looking at?

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,389
    With a quick search on pricerunner I found 23 miniDV camcorders for under £300. Just personal choice, but I think that Sony make the best camcorders for quality and often features. But the best option is to actually hold a few and see which you like.

Good luck,
    Mark.