Help! Too many options!

JBURD3

Novice Member
Reaction score
So I'm in the process of building a home theater system and I want to keep a clean look. I have 5 wire hook ups in my ceiling that are ready for speakers but I'm just not sure what to get or what i should be looking for. Speaker wise, I'm willing to spend up to $1000, but would prefer to stay in the $600 range. The speakers will be used for predominately home theater use, but will be used for music on occasion (10-20% of the time). I would consider myself an amateur audiophile and my living room size iz about 17ft x 14ft but is open to the kitchen and dining room. Any suggestions or advice? As far as AVRs go, I haven't chosen one, but im debating between a Yamaha, Denon, and possibly sony? Main things I care about as far as the receiver goes is first its ablility to upscale to 4k (not sure what brand does it the best or if they're all about the same), 7 channels (to add to later), having enough output power, and good/usable features (wi-fi enable etc). Anybody have any advice/experience with specific brands? Good or bad. Thanks in advance

You're going to get individual favourites from replies, but for your money and remember you're on a British forum I suggest, from the cheapest up:
Denon AVR X2200W
Denon AVR X3200W
Denon AVR X4200W

I have a six year trouble free Denon and it still sounds brilliant.

Better off asking here - AVS fourms - It's the yank version of this site ;)

You're going to get individual favourites from replies, but for your money and remember you're on a British forum I suggest, from the cheapest up:
Denon AVR X2200W
Denon AVR X3200W
Denon AVR X4200W

I have a six year trouble free Denon and it still sounds brilliant.

Yea im starting to lean towards Denon now. I appreciate your response

Better off asking here - AVS fourms - It's the yank version of this site ;)

Yea I'm just now picking up on that lol thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom