1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help to find a 7.1 amp with bi poled fronts

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by g1smo, Jul 16, 2005.

1. g1smo

g1smo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi peeps need some help to find an amp 7.1 with bi poled fronts upto say £600

will i get one

cheers :clap:

2. narcoticsuite

narcoticsuite
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    bipoled fronts? Not sure what you mean.

If you mean you want to run bipolar speakers at the front then you don't need any apecial features on your amp to do it, the amp will drive them just like any other speaker. But why you'd want bipoles at the front is another matter, and I wouldn't bother.

3. Liam @ Prog AV

Liam @ Prog AV
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    I would guess you mean bi-amping??

Biwiring is running two runs of speaker cable from a single speaker output to two inputs on the speaker - so one amplifier output inside the amp per speaker.

Biamping is running two amplifier modules per speaker, so 4 individual outputs on the amp to a pair of speakers. This is possible on some 7.1 amps, but it means sacrificing the 6th and 7th channels in order to assign them over to biamping the front two speakers. So you will be running 5.1, but with biamped fronts.

I imagine the Pioneers at this range will likely have this option VSX-1015 and 2014 do. Denon 2805 does, not sure if any Harmans do at this price point, Yamaha 1500 allows biwiring using speaker A-B but I don't think this dedicates 4 channels of amplification to the speaker.

You could also use seperate power amps. Get an AV reciever with pre-outs, the run the pre-outs to matched power amps to bi-amp whichever channels you want to. Not something done well on a £600 budget mind! More for those people that have 14 very expensive monoblocs to bi-amp each speaker in the system!!!