Help to connect 3060ti FE

steelydanfan

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all, just wondering if someone can help me find the correct cable to attach my recently purchased 3060ti FE to my psu.
I purchased the psu from these forums, it’s a Corsair AX850 gold, admittedly it’s several years old but I’d rather not replace it if possible.
I was considering using the little dongle that comes with the gpu, it has a male 12 pin connector (but only 6 of them are populated) on one end and a female 8 pin socket on the other.
I am trying to find a relatively short 8 pin to 8 pin to plug into this dongle and my psu, does anyone know if they exist or would I have to purchase a custom made one?
I know Corsair make a dedicated cable for these gpu’s but I don’t know and can’t seem to find out if it is compatible with my psu.
Also that cable looks quite long and splits into 2 8 pin connectors which I’m guessing are required for the higher end FE’s but not mine.
I’m just try to keep excess cabling to a minimum so the inside of my case is as neat and tidy as I can make it.
Many thanks.

So the cable that comes with the Founders Edition cards is "bespoke" as in no one else is using it bar these cards presently. The higher end models come with 2 x 8 pin on the other end - yours should be 1 x 8 pin
You take the 12 Pin Nvidia cable and attach 1x 8 pin PCI-E power connectors to it from your PSU

Edit - sorry read the last paragraph :D

Short cables are usually custom made - they are NOT generic - you need one specifically matched to your PSU pins output!
Corsair have a handy dandy PSU compatibility list here:

So you can identify the "type" - unfortunately your PSU is a AX Gold, which doesn't look like they do anything off the shelf for (unlike the Type 3, type 4 PSUs). A decent cable sleeve/modder should be able to make you up something bespoke though.

Last edited:
My GPU is just a few inches above my psu and yes I was after a short cable purely for aesthetics.
The pcie cables that come with the psu are long and double ended so to speak, it’s going to look a bit messy to say the least which is why I wondered if anyone made a short 8 pin to 8 pin, not the messy 6+2 things I have.

I suppose what I want/need is a cable that has a small 12 pin for the gpu and a 8 pin on the other end for my psu.
But it needs to be wired correctly as I don’t want to fry my gpu that’s taken me months to get a hold of 😉

Yeah that is the problem - I gave up trying to get hold of one at the time as the specs no one new when I was getting my Corsair cables made - I did have a standard GPU at the time but now have an FE so just lived with it - my case being dark you can't see it anyway mostly as it runs behind the card.

I used TTW Mods on Facebook for mine, very happy with the service I got from Michael:

Pexon also seem to be well thought of which is the other one I have heard of:

You'll want something like this Amazon product ASIN B08LKJMHV3

He wants shorter cables not longer :D
3060TI FE is also single 8 to 12 pin rather than double - he would have that with the GPU in the box.

From what I am understanding:
Do away with the bundled crappy looking Nvidia cable
Have single shorter length Corsair to FE 12 pin - but his PSU is one of the older models and isn't covered by the off the shelf ones from Corsair sadly.

He wants shorter cables not longer :D
3060TI FE is also single 8 to 12 pin rather than double - he would have that with the GPU in the box.

From what I am understanding:
Do away with the bundled crappy looking Nvidia cable
Have single shorter length Corsair to FE 12 pin - but his PSU is one of the older models and isn't covered by the off the shelf ones from Corsair sadly.
The only way is a custom one as you mentioned

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom