Help to choose an amp for new building system

Don85

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm new in here and it's first my msg and sorry for my English I'm forener :), so I have both pair of brand new Focal Chora 826 speakers today and come with dilemma what amp/receiver to buy I don't have any options just a budget up to £500-£1000, all I want its to have a Bluetooth connection and to able to connect sub in the future and also to TV, to have balance control for bass and treble. And be able to connect to PC. I'm not going to use any more speakers just these 2, I listen to a wide range of music, don't need any streaming but if in that price range could be will be nice but not necessary. can anyone help with that please ? thank you

Last edited:
If it's 2 channels only and for music and TV, a stereo amp with built in DAC is advisable.

Contact your local dealer and ask for a stereo amp with Dac within your price range and bring your speakers down for demo if possible

If it's 2 channels only and for music and TV, a stereo amp with built in DAC is advisable.

Contact your local dealer and ask for a stereo amp with Dac within your price range and bring your speakers down for demo if possible
I have demo these speakers before and I like them a lot so that why I choose these but now I need an amp and asking for some help here. thanks

A couple of options for you:

Audiolab 6000A @ £599
ROKSAN Attessa Integrated @ £995

Both have 12v triggers, onboard DAC (to accept optical connection from your TV) and pre-outs for connection to a sub / other units in the future.

I don't know what speakers you're using, room dimensions etc - the audiolab outputs 60w per channel and the Roksan outputs 80w per channel (though it has a bigger output transformer - capable of driving less sensitive speakers).

Both have Bluetooth inputs (16-bit/44KHz capable) if that's also a requirement.
You do have other inputs should you want to bolt anything else onto it in the future such as a dedicated streamer (Bluesound Node) or a turntable (they both have MM phono stages built in).

Hope that helps!
Lee

A couple of options for you:

Audiolab 6000A @ £599
ROKSAN Attessa Integrated @ £995

Both have 12v triggers, onboard DAC (to accept optical connection from your TV) and pre-outs for connection to a sub / other units in the future.

I don't know what speakers you're using, room dimensions etc - the audiolab outputs 60w per channel and the Roksan outputs 80w per channel (though it has a bigger output transformer - capable of driving less sensitive speakers).

Both have Bluetooth inputs (16-bit/44KHz capable) if that's also a requirement.
You do have other inputs should you want to bolt anything else onto it in the future such as a dedicated streamer (Bluesound Node) or a turntable (they both have MM phono stages built in).

Hope that helps!
Lee
thank you appreciate for this, I will have a look at these amps, as I mentioned I have Focal Chora 826 speakers and the room size is 5mx4.5m around 25m2. thanks

Sorry, I missed that. They're an 8 ohm speaker, fairly sensitive at 91dB and a sizeable room.

The Roksan would be a complementary amp and is aesthetically very pleasing too! :)

If you fancy a nostalgic design, this leak has plenty of power, built in DAC, Bluetooth and has pre outs which can be used to a sub.

i faund that Marantz NR1200 is really good for the price and have everything ?

Don't neglect the major players either:

Denon DRA800H
NAD C368

i faund that Marantz NR1200 is really good for the price and have everything ?
The nr1200 is a 2 channel avr. Some users have reported that the sound quality isn't as good as the dedicated stereo amp, pm6007.

The arcam sr250 would be better than the nr1200 if you can find a used one.

The nr1200 is a 2 channel avr. Some users have reported that the sound quality isn't as good as the dedicated stereo amp, pm6007.

The arcam sr250 would be better than the nr1200 if you can find a used one.

does it have balance controls for bass and treble?

The Marantz 6007 has balance, treble and bass controls. I don't know about the other amps without checking.

IMG_20210930_102614.jpg

I’d snatch this up straight away.

Arcams much lauded Class G amplifiers, Dirac Live, all you require, and plenty more, connections, room corrected sub outputs and an all round first class amplifier.

And absurdly good bargain.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --

Arcams much lauded Class G amplifiers, Dirac Live, all you require, and plenty more, connections, room corrected sub outputs and an all round first class amplifier.

Not sure about maybe you selling it ?

Good find but not really an absolute bargain. Richersounds had open box/ex display for £799 with warranty.

Not sure about maybe you selling it ?

That would be against forum rules. There is a classified section here.

@Paul7777x has over 9000 posts on these forums and is helpful and knowledgeable to everyone. He's not trying to get you to buy something of his from eBay.

just did some research and thinking to go only descent amplifier just to be able to connect to pc and subwoofer for now later add something else to connect to TV only. would that be great any suggestions?

That would be against forum rules. There is a classified section here.

@Paul7777x has over 9000 posts on these forums and is helpful and knowledgeable to everyone. He's not trying to get you to buy something of his from eBay.
sorry just want to know never used this site before.. thank you and my apologies

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom