1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help - The Dog has Chewed up my Sony davs3?? remote and I need to change the setup.

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by HDR, Aug 22, 2003.

1. HDR

HDR
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My girlfriend recently aquired a new Dog - and the little s*d ate the remote control to her Sony DAVS300 - i think that was the model numer I bought it for her about 3.5 years ago.

Anyway - I have just bought myself a nice shiny new Plasma, and have said she can have my old Tosh 32" Widescreen TV. She currently has a crappy old 21"4:3 TV.

So we need to change the setup of the Sony unitto put it into widescreen mode , but - it can't be done via the front panel ( tried this evening and couldn't get any joy in getting to the Setup menu.)

So does anyone know
    a) where I could get a replacement remote - tried the Sony Centre - useless.
    or
    b) would any of these fancy programmable remotes be setup to access these sort of features - or would there be anywhere on the net where the codes for this stuff could be downloaded into a programmable remote

Cheers
    Hugh

2. watchmaker

watchmaker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
  3. HDR

HDR
    Standard Member

Products Owned: