Help - Tayto Crisps from Southern Ireland needed

Zorba_8

Hi All

I've been trying to get hold of some Tayto Crisps off their website but they exclude delivery to the UK. Has anyone ever managed to have some sent over to the UK or know of another supplier that would be able to send over a (60 packets per box of Cheese and Onion crisps?

Here's the website for info

Tayto Crisps

My eternal thanks to anyone who can help as this will earn me some serious brownie points if I can get hold of some!

TIA
Mike

Paranormalist

Distinguished Member
I've just had a packet. I know they're not available on the mainland to buy but I would have thought that you could have ordered some considering that Northern Ireland is actually part of the UK and that's where they're made. :confused:

Iccz

Distinguished Member
You should contact The Irish Shop, Purveyor of traditional Irish Food Products

They sell Tayto multipacks, perhaps the could source boxes.

Failing that you could try find a member on here to ship stuff on to you if you get it delivered to them and arrange courier, I've done this for a chap on here before in Ireland - he had stuff delivered to me then arranged courier pick up to have it shipped to him. Perhaps you can find someone in Ireland who'd be happy to do this for you :)

Zorba_8

I've just had a packet. I know they're not available on the mainland to buy but I would have thought that you could have ordered some considering that Northern Ireland is actually part of the UK and that's where they're made. :confused:

Aren't they made in the Republic of Ireland and not NI?

dieeasysteve

Aren't they made in the Republic of Ireland and not NI?

They are made in both i think.

If you need help in getting them sent over I'd be happy to pass them on for you. I'm based in Belfast. You need to work out what royal mail would charge posting the box. (royal mail are generally the cheapest to use)

Zorba_8

They are made in both i think.

If you need help in getting them sent over I'd be happy to pass them on for you. I'm based in Belfast. You need to work out what royal mail would charge posting the box. (royal mail are generally the cheapest to use)

Hi dieeasysteve!

Thank you so much for your kind offer to do this for me, if you can let me know what products you can get hold of and would be prepared to send over that would be amazing. I'm after a box of the cheese and onion but I'll wait to see if that's something that you can get hold of. I'll move this to PM once we've you're happy with everything and we can discuss payment to you and the finer details.

I love this forum!

:thumbsup:

RottenFox

Distinguished Member

dieeasysteve

Hi dieeasysteve!

Thank you so much for your kind offer to do this for me, if you can let me know what products you can get hold of and would be prepared to send over that would be amazing. I'm after a box of the cheese and onion but I'll wait to see if that's something that you can get hold of. I'll move this to PM once we've you're happy with everything and we can discuss payment to you and the finer details.

I love this forum!

:thumbsup:

You where on the .ie site. there is a uk site here Online Shop looks like they deliver to the mainland.

edit, Too slow beating by rottenfox!

Last edited:

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
Site is crawling for me, any idea what the delivery cost is?

£4.00 for a box, goes up slightly with more, but £4.00 for just the one.

Iccz

Distinguished Member
Averages out at 34p a packet, that's not too bad. Have to agree with the OP the cheese and onion crisps destroy walkers et al.

dieeasysteve

I went on the factory tour a few years back with my wife. Only people there without children but it was great. Got to eat lots of crisps straight off the line when they were still warm before flavour which was nicer.

I haven't ate crisps since May!:( Hate Diet! Love crisps!

Sartios

Banned
I've never ever heard of these crisps are they tasty? I am partial to a pack of cheese and onion :blush:

dowzer

One of my favourite cheese and onion crisps. There aren't many out there that rival them in my view.

Being from NI they are the first brand I/a lot of family and friends think of when we want crisps - the salt & vinegar/prawn cocktail/picked onion and others are gorgeous.Unless others were much cheaper I wouldnt even consider Walkers/Golden Wonder or whoever else make crisps. Back when I was young and single (20 years ago :rolleyes:) my friends and I used to eat a lot of prawn cocktail in the early hours of the morning in our local pub as the beer flowed!!:smashin:

eireann10

Have to agree

i love Tayto, far and away the best crisp IMO

i rotate between Cheese & Onion & Smokey Bacon

gonna have to stop off on the way home and get a bag or two now :facepalm:

dieeasysteve

So will the ones from here:

Tayto Group - the third largest snack manufacturer in the UK

be the ROI or the NI variety? I really need to get the ones from the ROI.

I think they are the NI ones as they state that they can't sell into Ireland.

I never realised there was a difference. I need to preform some taste test now. Nice to see all the Irish folk being attracted to this thread. All we need now is a Ironbrew thread for the scots!

REPUBLIC OF IRELAND
Tayto (NI) Ltd does not own the Trade Mark Tayto brand name for the Republic of Ireland and we are sorry but we are unable to ship any Tayto branded goods to the Republic Of Ireland.

Zorba_8

I think they are the NI ones as they state that they can't sell into Ireland.

I never realised there was a difference. I need to preform some taste test now. Nice to see all the Irish folk being attracted to this thread. All we need now is a Ironbrew thread for the scots!

This is awfully confusing! I just want to get the right ones! Maybe I'll hold on in the hope that someone from the Republic of Ireland kindly makes the same offer as yourself.

It looks like the ROI company will ship worldwide excluding NI and UK and the NI company will ship globally excluding ROI! Nuts!

at least Irn Bru is Irn Bru where ever you go....I think :confused: Anyway, i don't want to go off topic as I really want those brownie points :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Google set to launch the Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Pro smartphones
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Focal launches Bathys noise-cancelling wireless headphones
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Formovie Theater UST projector hits the UK
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Sonus faber unveils new flagship Arena speaker series