Help Synology NAS and streaming Cyrus setup

Mumping

Novice Member
Thanks to the advice received I have upgraded my system and am really happy with the results (Cyrus amp 8 vs2 ,8 power, CDI and Dali Opticon 6 speakers). I have just purchased a Synology NAS DS216 PLAY on the basis I wish to stream from the NAS over ethernet to my HIFI rather than using my PC but also gaining, as an aside the additional ability to access movies and music when away from home.
I am a little confused as to how to connect to my HIFI to achieve this as do I need a DAC or streamer and is the Synology audio station the software app to use? I would like to stream FLAC from the NAS and maybe utilise Tidal or Amazon HIFI. I have been looking at a range of options from a Cyrus XA (if I can get one secondhand at the right price) Bluesound Power node2 and Cambridge Audio CXN. I just want flexibility and good quality output to match the setup I have. Am I on the right lines with these options or missing something that that will fit the bill. I have spent quite a lot recently so if there is a cheaper option than those I have mentioned then even better

Thanks in advance for any assistance

Regards

Phil

Mark.Yudkin

Distinguished Member
You need a streaming player, such as the Cyrus Stream Xa - Hi-Fi streamer with TIDAL intregrated or CXN (V2). You do not need an additional DAC.

You can also go cheaper (e.g. something from one of the large Asian manufacturers) if that's your position on the cost-performance curve.

The app that came with your Synology NAS is the cheapest one to use, as you already own it.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED EVO Review (OLED65G1)
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom