1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help, subwoofer stops playing

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by electropole, Aug 22, 2005.

1. electropole

electropole

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello, I have never owned a speaker system with a subwoofer before, so I don’t know if my subwoofer is blown or not, if you could help I would be greatly appreciated.

I have a UltraSonic 2.1 Speaker System by GE.
    I don’t know what is important to know about it, so this is what the box says
    Total Peak Power 40 Watts
    Total Continuse Powerfor subwoofer 10 watts
    Frequency Response for subwoofer: 20Hz-200Hz
    Impedance 4 ohms.
    And the speakers run out of the back of the subwoofer

The problem I am having is my subwoofer keeps going out. It will be playing (sounds perfectly fine when it is playing) and just stop, but the speakers, which are ran out of the subwoofer still play. Then when I take the power cord out and put it back in, the subwoofer starts working perfectly again, until this happens again. (it usually takes a while for it to happen again like an hour or so). Also when it goes out, it does not matter at what volume it is at. It seems to go out from low and high volumes all the same. And I don’t know if Subwoofers go out like speakers, where they sound horrible or if they just stop working like mine. So I am wondering if this sound like a power supply problem, or did I blow the subwoofer all together?

If anyone could help, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Bobby

2. Weidass

Weidass
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    thats weird. there is no way it should do that after any amount of time. if its in warranty, i would take it back to the shop. the only thing that i can think of is that the sub amp is overheating and cutting out. but i dont think that is the case because pulling out and pluging in the power cable wouldnt sort the problem cos the amp would still be hot.

sounds real dodgy. take it back is the best advice i can give. its deff not blown.

3. deerslayer

deerslayer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i am having a similar problem my subs will work perfectly fine then stop i have hooked them up to my friends car and his mp and they work and my amp was hooked to my friends subs and it worked but they start then stop randomly in my car.

4. IronGiant

IronGiant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28,218
    Best to ask this question in the ICE section deerslayer...