HELP Sub wiring

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by aymen_a22, Feb 3, 2009.

1. aymen_a22

aymen_a22
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have an old Technics Amp and it does not have an output for a sub and i would like to add one,
    i am not sure how i should do it so i was going to buy a crossover and then put the sub on the low and the normal speakers on the other, then let the speakers crossover sort its self out in the speaker.

I am not sure if i can do this as obviously there are left and right channels and i only need one signal for the sub.

Any help would be great thanks very much

2. ChrisAV

ChrisAV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +110
    Hi, and welcome to AVForums

You need to get a sub that accepts high level inputs (from the speakers connections, as opposed to a dedicated sub out connection). This is either done by conecting the speakers and sub in parallel (both connected to the same terminals, or by connecting the sub to the amp first and connecting the main speakers to terminals on the back of the sub.

BK, for example, do some which allow connection by high or low level inputs, the links have pdf manuals so you can see how the connections work.

Gemini
    XLS200

Chris

3. Member 639844

Member 639844
    Former Advertiser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,182
    Rel also allow this on a lot of their subs, although they are considered quite expensive for their performance. Personally I like them.

4. stevest4s

stevest4s

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    The SVS range also have high-level inputs. I use an SB12+ with connections to high and low-level.