Help Sub not Working

zad

Looking for some help if possible...

I have a Definitive Technologies Super Cube 3 that seems to have given up giving me bass :( but I have no means of testing the sub or my amp so was hoping some kind soul in the Wigan area may be able to assist.

I've checked the setting on my Sony DN1080 amp and send a test signal but get nothing to the sub, tried a different lead still the same. Tapped the end of the lead plugged in to the sub and get no feedback and vice versa lead tapping the edge of the input on the sub while plugged in to the amp. The red light is on on the back of the sub... I can't see any setting on the amp to turn the sub output off.

I found a video of someone who had a repair in with similar issue and turned out to be the phase and output dials on the pre amp but I don't have the skills to test these :)

Any pointers welcome...

Thanks

ColdPower

Standard Member
Hi,

until service data for these is available serious problems would be hard to repair, but if it is similar to what you refer to as a fault on the pre-amp would be fairly straight forward to fix. If you haven't found anyone on you area to help, you can get in touch, I should be able to help.

Cheers

Upvote 0

zad

Hi,

until service data for these is available serious problems would be hard to repair, but if it is similar to what you refer to as a fault on the pre-amp would be fairly straight forward to fix. If you haven't found anyone on you area to help, you can get in touch, I should be able to help.

Cheers
Sorry didn't get a notification... I've seen a few websites about common problems and a local chap is going to look in the new year :)

Upvote 0

zad

After seeing some guy looking for faults on the sub pre-amp etc I decided to have a quick look and also tried using high level input option but still dead :( and couldn't see anything obvious like blown cap...

So my other option is to bypass the internal amp? but what pre amp would I need... my thoughts where to bypass the internal circuits wire the bass to the terminal posts on the rear and use those...

Any suggestions? :)

Upvote 0

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom