Help - Strange Dead pixel problem

theredindian

Novice Member
hi

i have the Samsung 32" N73 LCD connected to SKY HD.

Last night when i was watching Collateral which i had recorded on my SKY box I noticed a dead pixel in the middle of the screen. But when i switched to a normal SKY channel the dead pixel had gone.

Has anyone ever had a problem like this?

Do i need to replace my TV?

T

Tommy Angelo

Did you use manual record?

There is a problem where if you use manual record there is what looks like a large black dead pixel near the middle of the screen. If not then I still think it is the same problem showing up on a normal recording or maybe a problem with the source. I don't think it's something that will show up again without using manual record and I'm sure it's not your TV.

Hope this helps.

CasDon

Novice Member
My advice is try all your separate sources to try to identify if its a problem in the source material. i.e if possible change your sky+ over to another scart, s-video, component etc.

As the sky box will record by converting the picture in to a codec there is always the possibility that the signal itself had a rogue black pixel coded in it or there is a fault in the boxes codec.

If you aren't seeing the dead pixel on anything other than this one program you recorded then i'd say it was a signal error.
If you are always seeing it on stuff recorded on you sky box then I'd say its a fault with the output/recording on your sky box.
If it appears on all sources, terrestrial, DVD, digital, recorded progs then its a real dead pixel and if you are like me you'll be after a swap out.

theredindian

Novice Member
My advice is try all your separate sources to try to identify if its a problem in the source material. i.e if possible change your sky+ over to another scart, s-video, component etc.

As the sky box will record by converting the picture in to a codec there is always the possibility that the signal itself had a rogue black pixel coded in it or there is a fault in the boxes codec.

If you aren't seeing the dead pixel on anything other than this one program you recorded then i'd say it was a signal error.
If you are always seeing it on stuff recorded on you sky box then I'd say its a fault with the output/recording on your sky box.
If it appears on all sources, terrestrial, DVD, digital, recorded progs then its a real dead pixel and if you are like me you'll be after a swap out.

I checked on my other recordings & cant see the dead pixel so it must be a signal error.

Strage thing is i watched this recording about 10 days ago & never noticed the dead pixel then - ony saw it last night :confused:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom