Help - STR-DA5200es and Samsung Sky HD box

dumbstruck1980

Standard Member
I have a STR-DA5200es and can't seem to get Dolby Digital Sound, when connecting my Samsung Sky HD box via it!. The way its setup at the moment is...HDMI from the TV to STR-DA5200es Sky HD box connected HDMI to STR-DA5200es and then optical lead from Sky HD box to STR-DA5200es but for the life of me can't get DD sound from it when watching progs in DD!!

The only way I can get DD is if i connect the Sky HD box Via HDMI to the TV and then optical lead from Sky HD box to STR-DA5200es but when doing it this way i'm by passing the amp for the upscaling!

Any Ideas??

Cheers

PSM1

Distinguished Member
Sounds like you need to assign the optical input to the same input the HDMI is on. This should be in the menus somewhere so have a look on the manual.
Does the upscaling of the amp make that much difference in terms of PQ compared to the upscaling either your TV or SkyHD box does?

dumbstruck1980

Standard Member
I have looked in the manual and on the on-screen menu and can't find anywhere to find out how to the assign the optical input to the same input the HDMI is on.

I suppose it doesn't make a lot of difference to the PQ if i don't connect it via the amp but i'm a bit miffed why it can't be connected that way! lol

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom