• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Help! Static noise from decoder

supersiv8

Novice Member
I just bought some RCA plugs to connect the TV decoder with the stereo but I can't use them as this brings a loud humming static sound…

When connected to the tuner there is no problem so I assume is something with the decoder connection?

Does anyone have any ideas?

(I'm a beginner on this topic so know very little about how this works…)

Don Dadda

Distinguished Member
Hi

Which stereo amp and which tv decoder?

supersiv8

Novice Member
It's an old Pioneer SA-520 (from the 80s) and a Strong SRT 8965 digital decoder.

I suppose it could just be interferance from TV and/or the various cables…?

Don Dadda

Distinguished Member

supersiv8

Novice Member
Yeah, it's the 80s one…

I'm using the Aux/video input. Tried phono input but found out after googling that this is just for turntables. There are no other inputs apart from a tape 1 and tape 2 which have a 'play' and 'rec' option so I figured it was no point trying those…

By tuner, yes I mean just a FM/AM one.

supersiv8

Novice Member
Gosh, unplugged and plugged it all back in and the problem seems to have gone away. Very strange. Thanks for replying anyway!

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom