1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help *speakers* What Are The Best?!?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Bibs88, Feb 16, 2005.

1. Bibs88

Bibs88

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Passionate about music, but never had the money to buy a decent hifi. I've now got between 5/7k and want to buy something that will have power and quality to fill and very large high ceiling reception room and also have two speakers in the kitchen which is connected, but a separate room.

I have been advised on the following:
    KEF XQ5 (PAIR)
    KEF XQ3 (PAIR)
    MUSICAL FIDELITY POWER AMP (DUE OUT SOON) SIMILAR TO THE A5
    MUSICAL FIDELITY A5 CD PLAYER.

Could I find out what you all think of the above and what else you would advise? Many thanks.

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I sincerely hope that you are going to audition speakers before you buy as you shouldn't be spending those sorts of amounts on the say so of people who could be tone deaf for all you know.

Makes to put on your demo list include B&W, Dynaudio, Proac, Spendor and Totem to name but a few but if you live within reach of Bristol I would urge you to try and get down to the Hifi show in a couple of weeks time where you can have a quick listen to loads of speakers, albeit not in the best of surroundings but it will narrow down a short list for you

3. Bibs88

Bibs88

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ian, thanks for the advice. I think, in light of the money I'm looking to spend a trip to Bristol seems wise. Thanks again, Richard.

4. General Skanky

General Skanky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    ATC Active 20 or similair from the range.

I don't think they will be at the show though.