Help - Soundbar Setup...

Fisk

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, long time reader first time poster!

Due to a lack of connectivity options, I'm really struggling to piece this lot together. Hopefully someone can advise on a solution :)

Equipment as follows...

• Panasonic TH-37PX80B - (3 x HDMI, 2 x SCART, 1 x Composite Video Input, 1 x DVI & 1 x Stereo Audio Input)
  • Panasonic SU-HTB520 - (1 x HDMI In, 1 x HDMI Out & 1 x Optical)
  • Sky+ HD
  • PS3

The TV has no HDMI ARC or Optical Input. The only Optical connection comes with the Sky+ HD which I've managed to set up and is working fine. I just haven't got a clue how to go about linking up the PS3?

Any advice welcome!

Thanks

F

Sorry but seems like a pretty poor setup on both pieces of panasonics. I have samsung and have 4 hdmi and optical with the tv and hdmi optical and usb with soundbar. If you are only wanting to hook sky and ps3 up id suggest an optical splitter one part connects to the soundbar and the two connects individually to sky and ps3. Usually what happens is what ever is on first outputs its sound through the soundbar

Completely agree Jay!

The TV is nearly 6y old and the Soundbar was acquired for free when Comet went bust. I was amazed at the lack of connectivity but sounds like the optical splitter will do the job.

Ok fair enough now knowing the ages of both pieces makes more sense. Optical splitter is the way wont lose quality and are cheap. Ebay are your pal expect to pay no more than a fiver for one

Ordered. Very Helpful, thanks again!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom