Help: Sound Out of Sync!

djmmm

Novice Member
I just got my Pioneer 508Xd, connected via HDMI to Pioneer DVD Player DV400, and I just realised that the sound is out of sync. So basically the sound will come first, and followed late by the image by maybe 0.2 second or so.

Anyone familiar with this problem? Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Gadgetcity

Novice Member
Is that your whole system?

ie DVD -> TV using just HDMI, no other audio leads or amplifier in the way, just using the TVs speakers.

It is normal for the picture to be delayed when using an external amplifier but not straight into the TV (The TV should add the appropriate delay internally)

djmmm

Novice Member
Hey for some reason, it only happened when I was watching I am Sam, but then I tried 13th Warrior, it was fine. Anyone experience this before?

So I guess it must not be the system/connection then, or else it will always out of sync regardless what DVD I put in right?

Gadgetcity

Novice Member
I have only come across out of sync audio on copies (usually Divx/Xvid) but never on an original disc. Slap it in your PC to see if it plays OK in there.

If other discs work then I reckon your DVD player and Plasma are fine.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom