HELP! Sony KDL32v2500, has sound but no picture.

Discussion in 'Sony TVs Forum' started by Matthew Eastman, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Matthew Eastman

Matthew Eastman
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    First off, I am new to this forum and appreciate you having me. I am looking for some help on a TV I just bought for my kids. I have a Sony KDL32v2500 that has sound but no picture. I can see that the backlights are coming on as it is a brighter black when the tv is powered on. It seems to cycle the backlights on and off a few times before the tv powers off and shows an error code of 9 blinks from the standby light. I have been researching this problem for awhile but don't have a good direction as of yet. The lady I got it from stated that it needed a new inverter board but I have found contradictory statements regarding that. I only bought the tv for £10 and am willing to put a few more pounds into it to get it going. Thank you all in advance and I look forward to your insight.

2. Matthew Eastman

Matthew Eastman
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone? You are all way smarter than me and i looking to learn.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  3. outoftheknow

outoftheknow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,503
    Old thread here may help
    Sony Bravia Standby Light Flashes 9 Times | AVForums
    Elsewhere 9 blinks on the older models seem to indicate a fault with the G board whatever that is :D
    Either way it is maybe not the inverter board - although that would cause a very dim or black screen with sound ok of course......... Then again maybe the G board is the inverter board ........
    Good luck :)

4. Matthew Eastman

Matthew Eastman
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Thank you for your reply. I read about the g board too but could never figure out which one was the g board. After many hours of investigation I think the common thread with both of these problems work back to the main board. I bought a used main board on eBay hoping it will work but I have not received it yet. I'll report back, thanks again for your reply.