Help - Sony HX1000 and freeview picture interference

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by daddyo, Oct 8, 2004.

1. daddyo

daddyo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Been having this annoying problem for a while with Sony HX1000 and Sony VTXD800U. Can't sort it. Any Advice appreciated - it goes like this:-

Scart 1 on sony freeview box connected to TV (Sagem Axium)
    Scart 2 on sony freeview box connected to HX1000 via scart input 3
    Sony HX1000 connected to TV via RGB scart/Svideo/component (it doesn't matter cos the problem occurs on all three)

Problem: interference on picture which is most noticable when the sony freeview menu is displayed when watching the HX1000 input (be it Svideo/RGB scart or Component) - the red/green/blue colours on the menu are fuzzy and graphics on screen (eg BBC logo etc) exhibit same symptoms.
    When watching the scart 1 output from the sony freeview box, the picture is fine.

If I swap the scart outputs from the freeview box (i.e. feed scart output 1 into the HX1000 and scart output 2 into the TV) the fuzziness is gone.
    The only problem is that the synchro record from the freeview box (fed from scart 1 output) to the HX1000 doesn't work (as it does when fed from scart output 2)and this is a feature I use a lot.

Tried the same thing with a different freeview box (nokia) and the problem is exactly the same!

I'm stumped!!! Please help!!! :lease:

2. RBJTech

RBJTech

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    Only SCART 1 on the Sony Freebox is RGB, the 2nd Scart (labelled VCR) is S-Video/Composite Only.

Unless you have S-Video SCART leads/settings into your Sony HX1000 then I assume this will be composite only - which explains your picture quality issue.

3. daddyo

daddyo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for that reply Teerex, explains the poor quality image from scart 2 on the sony freeview box when put through the DVD recorder. I assume the nokia freeview box is the same - i.e. no RGB on scart 2. Seems daft that the output you are supposed to record from is poorer quality.

I'd rather feed the DVD recorder via Scart 1 from the freeview box (RGB) get better recordings and accept that the timer/synchro record doesn't work although I know this is goint to bug me!

4. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,267
    The reasoning behind it is due to VCRs not being able to record RGB. At best a VCR can record S-Video and hence there has been no need for second RGB equipped scarts. Now DVD recorders have arrived on scene though we will, hopefully, start to see digiboxes with dual RGB output.

5. Lord Axl

Lord Axl
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    A newbie question...the Sony RDR-HV1000 can record in RGB via scart or only composite/S-Video?Thanks a lot,bye.LORD AXL

6. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,267
    Yes - it can. So can all RGB record capable DVD recorders for that matter!

7. Lord Axl

Lord Axl
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5

8. daddyo

daddyo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    so i should be feeding the dvd recorder from scart 1 then to get better pic quality on recordings and make do with synchro record not working?

can't think of any other way round it :(