• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Help! Sony HKT25 keeps going off

HatterNick

Established Member
after about 10 minutes. If I switch the power off at the wall it works for another 10 minutes and then goes off again.

Any ideas?

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
does it have a fan inside it?? if so,it could be broken/failing,thus the heat inside is enough for the system to switch off.
or it could be dry solders/failing circuits that overheat,and once again,cause it to switch off.
best bet would be to get someone to look at it,but as its an older model and discontinued,chances of fixing it,if it needed new parts is slim.

HatterNick

Established Member
Thanks for that.

Doesn't appear to have a fan. Looks like I might have to fork out for a new one. Any recommendations? I just want a replacement 5.1 surround system without a DVD player for under £250.

Thanks.

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
you couldnt go wrong with the newer version of the one i have,a sony HTDDW890,available now,and should be either now or soon from pixmania..
excellent system,and great sound,plenty of inputs/outputs,including hdmi and component too.
just check the sony htddw890 thread..

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom