1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help ! Sony DAV- S300

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by CFM, Jan 21, 2001.

1. CFM

CFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Purchased yesterday !!!!!!!!!!!
    Set up is easy I'm told, but no manual in the box and the shop was closed on return Arhhhh !
    There is no scart so I purchased a s-video, R L Input to scart lead to connect to Panny DK1, all works,great picture, sound is good, the BIG problem is its BLACK & WHITE !!
    The DVD has been modified to all region, can that be the problem ? Am I connecting up wrong ?
    I have RF into Digibox, RF out to VCR, RF out to TV, and a scart from Digi to AV2, s-video & audio from DVD to AV1.
    Sky is great, VCR works, all analogue works OK, where am I going wrong ?
    I could wait till Monday for the manual, but telly day is Sunday !
    Also does anyone know how to get everything going thru the DVD's Amp.
    Now I've got to go shopping as I can't play with me DVD's, the wife's a lovely woman !
    Cheers CFM

2. Tim Ashdown

Tim Ashdown

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    Change the two scart cables in the panny the other way around. Set your sky digibox to output RGB which should ensure top quality. If you press AV2 on the remote make sure it says S-AV2 on the screen. If it doesn't and is still in black and white, press AV2 again until you see S-AV2. You should now have your Sony picture in glorious colour.

3. andymon

andymon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Could you tell me whether the sony DAV-S300 is a worthwwhilr system and is the sound performance from the speakers good compared with the sony SA VE705

Andymon