Help - Sony 55XE9500 - Freezing

dazanufc

Standard Member
Apologies in advance I wasn’t sure which thread this should fall under.

Turned on my Sony this evening and the remote wasn’t working, changed batteries (twice), still wouldn’t work.

Turned it off at wall, and found the screen would freeze on the moving icons for about a minute and then tele would finally reach input screen but still remote wouldn’t connect.

Did this about 4 times and eventually TV would do the same freeze then go black.

Completed hard factory reset 3 times, still isn’t fixing it, I get music but nothing on screen then all of a sudden language selection is available, but remote won’t work, and then tele resets again! FUBAR?

chipray

At risk of stating the obvious, have you checked that the remote works? Everyone seems to have a phone with a camera - set it for selfie and point the remote at it - you should see pink flashes when any button is pressed. Also, many other devices like DVD players, DVRs and Skyboxes have extra buttons to operate at least the basic controls of a TV

My XE9005 is on its third remote :( but this one has lasted a lot longer than the first two. The recent software update didn't cure its random re-booting habit but it does seem to have stopped the TV from turning itself on when I'm not in the room.

dazanufc

Standard Member
Remote is working fine, I kinda wish it was that simple. The TV is automatically hard resetting without me doing anything.

Morden

Remote is working fine, I kinda wish it was that simple. The TV is automatically hard resetting without me doing anything.
Its doing a factory reset and not just power cycling each time?

When you did factory reset from settings menu , did it get as far as prompting you for login to google, privacy settings, etc?

dazanufc

Standard Member
Its doing a factory reset and not just power cycling each time?

When you did factory reset from settings menu , did it get as far as prompting you for login to google, privacy settings, etc?
Afraid it’s cycling through factory reset. At no point can I connect with remote.

dazanufc

Standard Member
Update:
On Monday Richer Sounds said they could get an engineer to me Wednesday to review. Due to work I said I couldn’t so they let me take it to the engineer (private owned tv repairs shop) and today I ring up for an update. TV repairs shop tell me main PCB is dead and they’re awaiting Richer Sounds feedback.

Richer Sounds then ring me telling me 5 year warranty is with Sony not them and to contact Sony. Repair shop ring me and say there’s nothing they can do and I need to drive an hour to pick up my tele.

Really poor customer services from RS.

Ring Sony and this lovely American lady tells me an Engineer will call in 4 business hours to arrange a visit.

Richer Sounds

AVForums Sponsor
Update:
On Monday Richer Sounds said they could get an engineer to me Wednesday to review. Due to work I said I couldn’t so they let me take it to the engineer (private owned tv repairs shop) and today I ring up for an update. TV repairs shop tell me main PCB is dead and they’re awaiting Richer Sounds feedback.

Richer Sounds then ring me telling me 5 year warranty is with Sony not them and to contact Sony. Repair shop ring me and say there’s nothing they can do and I need to drive an hour to pick up my tele.

Really poor customer services from RS.

Ring Sony and this lovely American lady tells me an Engineer will call in 4 business hours to arrange a visit.
Hi there,

I was sorry to read your comments on the thread and offer my sincere apologies.

To help get to the bottom of the matter asap, and resolve things to your satisfaction, I’ve sent a PM requesting more details.

Sincere apologies again, hope to hear from you soon.

Many thanks

Tom Griffiths
Head of Customer Service
Richer Sounds

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Home Cinema Sources and B&W 805 D4 Speaker Review and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom