1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help !!! SonicStage 3.1 installation error

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by crazydane67, Jun 5, 2005.

1. crazydane67

crazydane67
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anybody had problems installing SonicStage 3.1 ? I'm unable to install it. This is what happens:

The installer goes through it's various installation parts until it gets to the SonicStage Addon and then I get a message saying "Installation process for SonicStage 3.1 has been terminated". Needless to say I did not click the cancel button. My OS is WinXP SP 2, PC is 2.4 GHZ with 768MB RAM.

After further investigating (by installing each component separately from the cd) I've come to the conclusion that it's the OpenMG Secure Module that fails. When I run the install for it, at the end I get the message "The wizard was interrupted before OpenMG Secure Module could be completely installed". So what is it that prevents it from installing ??? I have the latest version of Windows Installer (3.1).

I might add that I previously had an older version of OpenMG Secure Module which came with OpenMG Jukebox which I have both uninstalled. I have also tried to delete all Sony directories and edit the registry to delete old references to Sony products but to no avail....so basically I'm stuck :(

Please, if anybody has any suggestions let me know...otherwise I will not be able to use my wonderful NW-HD5H :thumbsdow

2. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,211
    about to suggest the registries thing as well.try e-mailing Sony or CONNECT -
    Connect are normally quicker in responding. E-mail addresses on their sites :)