• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Help something gone wrong in XP

Nabs

Established Member
I do not know if this is the right place to write this however if anyone can offer help I would appreciate it.

I am running a pentium 920D on a gigabyte quad royal mobo and have a mirrored c drive and two other internal sata drives are 500gb maxtor and 1tb seagate. All were working fine until yesterday when of some reason the pc crashed and now the pc cannot see the 500gb and 1tb drives. Initially as the pc boots up the drives appear in xp however as startup completes both drives vanish. I can see the drives in the bios and on the screen when booting.

Any suggestions? it seems strange to me that 2 drives would suddenly fail at the same time.

Any suggestions where to go from here?

Thanks

Last edited:

Nabs

Established Member
just for info, I do not what has happened but I defragmented my drives and cleaned my registry and now both drives work!

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom