1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP !! - So Confused

Discussion in 'TVs' started by fraz, Jul 18, 2002.

1. fraz

fraz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, here's the score. I need a new TV.

I am looking for a 100hz 32" so i can watch the new footy season on. Went to the shop and really liked the sony kv-32ls60. I've been told that most footy broadcasts don't like the 100hz tvs.

So the ls60 isn't switchable. Looked at the Sony FX75, liked it but the forum mentions scrolling bars problem. This lead me to look at the Tosh 32ZD26P which looks good, but my wife thinks it looks too big.

Please help, which one should i buy, if any of these. I have sky digital, vcr, dvd and home cinema kit to plug into it. Should i go for a 100hz or just stick to a 50hz ?

Thanks

fraz :confused:

2. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Go for the Sony KV32LS60. It's plain 100Hz so there are no problems with footy. I have the KV28LS60 and watched the world cup games on it with no problems. Most reported problems with 100Hz sets and sports are to do with the extra digital processing that comes with some 100Hz sets, e.g. Sony's DRC. They are also to do with the digital broadcast itself and there is nothing you can do about this!

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Stay well clear of the FQ75....great looking TV but the problem is well documented along with Sony's shambolic excuse of customer service!!!!

4. fraz

fraz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the feedback.

Squirral, did you watch the world cup through sky or through an aerial.

Does the 100hz problem only come through on sport via sky or all sport ?

5. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I watched the world cup via digital terrestrial TV.

Problems with extra 100Hz processing are with all fast-action sports, including football and F1. Sometimes they can be worse on different media at different times, e.g. Sky, analog, cable, DTTV, etc, depending on what bitrate (how much compression) is used by the broadcaster.