Help!! Slow response from Display with Onkyo 875 amp!!

briandougan69

Standard Member
Hi

This is my first post on this great forum and wondered if one of the very knowledgeable people on here could help me out?

I have recently purchased an Onkyo 875 amp to go along with my Pioneer 508XD display, Sky HD and PS3. I have the Pioneer connected to the Amp via the HDMI out, Sky HD connected to HDMI in 1 and the PS3 connected to HDMI in 2.

Whilst I have been very impressed with the sound from the Amp, it does appear to have added a response time issue with the display. This is most noticeable when playing a game on the PS3. When playing Fifa 2009, the game is very jerky and appears to suffer from judder! I have tried connecting the PS3 directly to the Pioneer and this appears to fix the problem. However, this option is not really viable as I will lose the sound from the amp via HDMI.

Also, I have noticed this same slow response when watching non-HD football such as Spanish Football. The picture appears to pause for a split second during the game regularly. When watching Sky Sports News, when text scrolls across the screen, this suffers from judder.

Before I bought the 875 amp, I did a lot of research and didn't find anyone reporting any of these issues. This leads me to believe that I have missed a display setting on the Amp itself.

Would be very grateful indeed for any help as this is really starting to get on my nerves!!

Thanks

mmmb

Standard Member
Hi

Can some answer this please because i have also same slow response when watching non-HD when i applying upscaling.

Thank you in advance.

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom