Help!!!!Sky +

J

john_lennon

Hi all-I have just bought Sky + and have a Sony Davs sc6 home cinema. When a dolby digital movie is broadcast on sky it only comes through my optical cable/display as pro logic. Any idea how I can fix this-(I have set the system to DD on the sky box) :lease:

Sorry if I'm insulting your intelligence, but the obvious ones first - the amp is set to optical digital in for that input? - and the movie is DD (not DS which would show as PL)? DD movies are a bit few and far between, so check the info banner carefully.

If these are OK then a bit of a mystery. It must be something going on in the Sony I would think given that the Sky box is set up correctly. Some sky users do report that DD doesn't work for them on some occasions, or they get drop outs etc. Personally DD is always perfect on my box and amp combo (Denon 3803). If you can, borrow an amp from a mate and try it on that.

Brilliant thanks-how do I check"the amp is set to optical digital in for that input"?
Any ideas.and yes I am a technophobe! So in laymans terms would be great.

Check the manual of the SONY, can't explain further since every amp is different. The manual should explain the procedure and if there are still doubts remove the RCA twin phono connection between the SKY+ and amp. If there is only the optical connection between them and you get NO sound at all then the SONY is set up wrong and it had been looking at the phonos for the audio not the optical.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom