Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Help: sky satallite best place to buy/ is the dish the same as on digital?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by jonmale, Feb 11, 2003.

1. jonmale

jonmale

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok

heres the install (this is for a pub):

on digital satalite box (pace I think) mini dish with lnb

can I just plug in a sky digital reciver?

do I need a new/replacement lnb?

do I need to adjust the current dish position?

wheres the best place (cheapest) to buy a new or recon (with warranty) sky digital reciever?

can I sell the old pace? ondigital reciever

thanks in advance from a novice!

Jon:hiya:

2. Fernsehman

Fernsehman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ONdigital is a terrestrial digital receiver connected to an aerial.

Yes, you can't use an aerial!

You need a dish aligned on 28.2'E.

Do you mean "best" or do you mean "cheapest"?
    Try your local newspaper. I wouldn't bother with Ebay if you mean "best" or "cheapest"! Try searching Google but get the spelling correct. (Eg. "receiver" and "satellite") otherwise all you'll find is bozo web sites.

Which model is it?

3. jonmale

jonmale

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the help even with the sarcasm! :laugh:

I did not know that ondigital was unavailable as a satellite (did I spell that right?) option - currently the pace ondigital box is plugged into a mini dish with lnb! :rotfl:

but hey I did state that I was a novice ;)

ok so local paper is the best bet?

is there not a good reputable online supplier for a sky digital satellite receiver (now is it i b4 e?) new or recon if so at what URL???

will find out the model no of pace ondigital for value (will post here for sale - if rules allow)

thanks again (and for the spelling lessson!)

Jon

4. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +302
    If you go with $ly then be prepared for a big shock at the price structures for pubs :eek:

5. Fernsehman

Fernsehman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No charge for the spelling. ;-)

I was taught at school "Eye before EE except after Cee" but there are plenty of exceptions (such as "weird") so it's not a very useful "rule". You just have to use a spellchecker and remember the correct version. The point I was making was that typing the incorrect spelling into a search engine will either find nothing or some web site designed by a bozo who doesn't know English (sorry!) :rolleyes:

There are some used Digiboxes for sale here and they seem to be kosha.

But as someone else pointed out, $ky charge the earth for pubs (and we are talking hundreds of pounds). If it's an ONdigital box you'd be better off getting a good aerial (correct spelling) fitted and settling for "Freeview" ("ONdigital" is dead but the boxes work for "Freeview").

You could of course get a Sky Digibox and a free FTV card for the "Free To View" programmes. I don't think the pub will need anything more than its normal licence for that. (I don't mean just a BBC TV licence I mean the other one - can't remember what it's called).

Fman