Help! Sky Q 2tb - Samsung TU7100 issue (handshake problem??)

ticmon

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I wonder if anyone would be able to offer advise on an issue i'm experiencing. I'll try to make this as easy to read as possible!! :)

Background.....
I have a large kitchen/lounge with two TV's fed by Sky Q 2tb box and an Xbox one. One TV is next to where the Xbox/Sky box are. The other is the Samsung and is at the other end of the room. The Xbox and Sky Q feed into a HD Fury Integral 2 splitter which in turn feeds the two TV's. The Samsung is fed by a 20 metre long HDMI cable which is plastered in the wall. (This cable >> Amazon product ASIN B073V1CB6B )

I can have both TV's playing the same feed or individual TV's playing either of the two feeds all at the same time..

All was well until the HD Fury splitter broke!

Issue......
I've connected the Sky Q to the Samsung using the 20m cable. The problem is the feed cuts out every few seconds for half a second or so. I've tried all settings on both the Sky box and the Samsung and it still happens. If I factory reset the TV the feed will stay stable until next use then the issue starts again.

Here's where it becomes interesting.....
If I connect the Xbox one using the same cable to the Samsung there are no issues!
If I connect the Sky to a different TV using the same cable there are no issues!
If I move the Samsung and connect it to Sky via a short cable there are no issues!

So the problem only happens when the configuration is Sky - 20m cable - Samsung.

What's happening?

I'm wondering if the HD Fury splitter was fixing a handshake problem which is only now apparent as i'm connecting directly.

We didn't use the TV nearest the Xbox/Sky much so it's been removed and it's not worth replacing the HD Fury. We'd be happy to just be able to use the Samsung fed by Sky but it seems this is the only thing we can't do! I can't use one of the TV's I tested instead of the Samsung regularly as they are a bit older and don't have an e-arc HDMI port for my Sonos Beam.

Would anyone have any thoughts what I can do to fix this issue?

Cheers if you got this far!

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom