Help sky 1TB cant delete

laurencebyers

Novice Member
Reaction score
Help - cant delete anything from my 1TB planner showing 100%, however i could watch programmes that had been been recorder tried a planner rebuild now cant access any programmes only get blue screen any ideas

You may need to do a full system reset, but you managed to fill a 1TB box?? That takes some doing!

i'd do a full power off reboot first before the full system reset as this will delete ALL your recordings.

thanks for your response, hard drive is not full i was only using around a quarter of the memory, how do i do a full power off reboot

You pull the mains plug out, wait 30 secs then put it back in again.

Thank goodness we have some technical experts on the Forum! :D

Yeah, I found out the hard way. The first time I rebooted my box I broke my toe...........:rotfl:

some technical experts
This expert says just pull the plug and put it straight back in. And then it comes on and turns itself off so that you have to wait until it will let you turn it on again - or kick it.

Full System Reset or FSR for short is always a last resort. In situations like this I usually ask if a power reset has been performed rather than asking the customer to do it again, followed by the Planner Rebuild. FSR is only to be used really if all else fails.

If it's stuck on a blue screen, firstly power reset the Sky Box. If this still occurs, before going down the destructive root of a FSR you might want to try a forced software download to get around it. I personally hate to do FSR as some customers really do archive recordings on their boxes!

Some customers archive? - I'd have thought most.

Some customers archive? - I'd have thought most.

By archive, I've known some customers have recordings on their boxes from years ago. Most customers (at least I deal with) watch then delete.

Mine's coming up to two years old, and some of the recordings were made at the start.
I suppose the smaller drives would mostly be used for record/delete, and larger ones more for archiving.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom