Help - Sizzling and Spitting !

eimer3107

Standard Member
Reaction score
My speakers (B&W M1s) have recently begun to sizzle and pop. Things mostly seem ok when I first switch the system on, but breakfast frying noises soon break out.

I've tried disconnecting all the wires and cables one at a time in an attempt to isolate the problem, and I've tidied up my cables to try to keep power cables as far as possible from everything else, but no joy.

Is it likely to be a fundamental problem with my amp - an Arcam AVR280 ?

Is there anything else I should try ?:confused:

Last edited:
It does indeed sound as if the AVR280 could benefit from a service by suitably qualified personnel.

My speakers (B&W M1s) have recently begun to sizzle and pop. Things mostly seem ok when I first switch the system on, but breakfast frying noises soon break out.

I've tried disconnecting all the wires and cables one at a time in an attempt to isolate the problem, and I've tidied up my cables to try to keep power cables as far as possible from everything else, but no joy.

Is it likely to be a fundamental problem with my amp - an Arcam AVR280 ?

Is there anything else I should try ?:confused:

At least get some bacon and eggs going. If it's both speakers, it's definitely your amp. Glad I bought the 350... no sizzling and popping noises...yet!

Evening

Best call Arcam. I had a really horrible static noise (intermittent) that would occasionally appear and then the amp would shut down.

Went back to Arcam - fixed!! Problem was blown cap and the DSP chip (a know issue) needed fixing (reworking).

Good luck!

Anthony

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom