• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Help! Should I buy the 40" F6400 or 40" F6500

pop80_uk

Distinguished Member
Hey all,
I need your help!
I want to upgrade my Sony KDL-40V4000 and have been looking around and have found a couple of contenders:

Firstly the Samsung 40" F6400 Series 6
http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/tv-audio-video/television/led-tv/UE40F6400AKXXU

I can buy this for a rather tempting £599.99 brand new from a reputable online retailer, but its only got a clear motion rate of 200

OR for around £170 more I can get this with a clear motion rate of 400
http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/tv-audio-video/television/led-tv/UE40F6500SBXXU

Which one is better though? Will I get a good set if I go for the cheaper Samsung, im looking for something a bit future proof but obviously cheaper the better.

I can find no reviews which is annoying!

Opinions? Anything else I should consider?

Thanks
:thumbsup:

vickster

Distinguished Member
The clear motion rate - typically just means marketing speel to charge a bit more. Go have a look at them in a shop to see if there is actually any difference in performance. Reviews are limited as they are brand new and there are so many models in the Samsung range, they can't all be reviewed. Tends to be the flagships that get reviewed first and then the lower models
What do you use the TV for, what's the lighting like and how are the viewing angles?

I'd consider the panasonic 42GT50 plasma, especially if for films, sport and games. http://www.johnlewis.com/panasonic-...v-42-inch-with-freesat-freeview-hd/p231568176

Was a £1000+ TV on release this time last year

If you are not a frequent upgrader of your TV, I'd buy with a 5 year warranty even if it costs a bit more

Last edited:

pop80_uk

Distinguished Member
The clear motion rate - typically just means marketing speel to charge a bit more. Go have a look at them in a shop to see if there is actually any difference in performance. Reviews are limited as they are brand new and there are so many models in the Samsung range, they can't all be reviewed. Tends to be the flagships that get reviewed first and then the lower models
What do you use the TV for, what's the lighting like and how are the viewing angles?

I'd consider the panasonic 42GT50 plasma, especially if for films, sport and games. Buy Panasonic Viera TX-P42GT50B Plasma HD 1080p 3D Smart TV, 42 Inch with Freesat/Freeview HD online at John Lewis

Was a £1000+ TV on release this time last year

If you are not a frequent upgrader of your TV, I'd buy with a 5 year warranty even if it costs a bit more

Thank you!
Ive looked in the shop at both and honestly trying to spot a difference was not very easy!

I use the TV for Tivo (HD) TV watching, Bluray, hopefully 3D soon and some gaming on a PS3 now and again.

The TV is an the corner of a large room on a stand with a window behind it

Ive looked at Plasma but the screen burn puts me off, I will need to think about offsetting the saving of the other TV against the 5 year warranty, im hoping it will last 5 years :rolleyes:

Keep this coming its really helpful! :thumbsup:

vickster

Distinguished Member
Have a read of the sticky in the plasma forum, screen burn is almost unheard of now in domestic use unless the TV is faulty

Remember John Lewis will match the likes of Currys for the same TV and you'll get the warranty (and good CS)

pop80_uk

Distinguished Member
Have a read of the sticky in the plasma forum, screen burn is almost unheard of now in domestic use unless the TV is faulty

Remember John Lewis will match the likes of Currys for the same TV and you'll get the warranty (and good CS)

Thank you!
Richer sounds have offered the 40" F6500 for £849.99 delivered with 5 year warranty

Just waiting to see if John Lewis can make it any cheaper

I can add a 3 year warranty to the 40" F6400 at Ebuyer for £85.00 making it £685 delivered

Im not sure the 40" F6500 is worth an extra nearly £200 though?

The cheaper one is still appealing and I could get some quidco cashback as well

Dan201

Im considering the 55" model of the f6500 and would really like to know about its input lag.

I can't find any details on this yet as its quite a new model. If you guys stumble across this info or have any insight id be grateful.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom