HELP!!! Severe interference on Panny pl4!

S

ScorchedSoul

I am getting some real bad interence on the picture on my 32pl4. It's like picture noise, like there is bad reception.
The thing is, I only get on my sky digibox. Terrestial tv doesn't seem to have this.
I have also noticed that it seems to be worse on rgb, and less pronounced on standard scart. However the general picture quality is much better on rgb.
I am using a good scart cable with ofc cables, double shielding and gold contacts. I switched it with a freebie cable, and the probelm was the same, possibly a bit worse i'm not sure.

I just returned a ph40, and the picture quality is so much better on the pl4 except for the interference.
Can anyone help?, I would REALLY appreciate it.

BTW, could it be interence from the other cables? I have another freebie scart and two rf cables in my setup.

I really hope some one can help:confused: :( :confused: :( :thumbsdow

ok, now i'm worried.:confused:

I disconnected everything, and left only the tv and didgibox, with one ofc, shielded gold contact scart connecting them both. No rf cables or anything.
I still get the !"£$ing noise/interference!!!:mad: :mad:

Do you think a higher quality scart cable will help, or could a s-video connection perhaps provide a better picture?
If i get a s-video connection, exactly what type of cables do i need? Someone told me i can use a normal scart cable for s-video. Is this true or do i need one of those cables with four pins?

Please can someone help???

come on guys! Some one must be able to help?
I sometimes hear the sound from another channel coming through the speakers very faintly, while i am watching another channel. It is very faint, and i can only hear when there is a queit moment on the program i am watching. Could this have anything to do with it?

Could it be a probelm with my sky box? I don't get this probelm with terrestial tv or my dvd player.

Originally posted by ScorchedSoul
come on guys! Some one must be able to help?
I sometimes hear the sound from another channel coming through the speakers very faintly, while i am watching another channel. It is very faint, and i can only hear when there is a queit moment on the program i am watching. Could this have anything to do with it?

Could it be a probelm with my sky box? I don't get this probelm with terrestial tv or my dvd player.

The reason is that somehow the analogue channel you have selected before leaks in. Set your analogue reception to VCR channel (= 0) or what ever channel that gives you black or blank screen and see what happens when you turn on your digital or DVD again.

I had the same problem with PL1 and always set my analog channel to 0 that gives black screen before switching to digibox or DVD. Then I have no interference at all. Have to live with it.

Thanks for replying!
I tried that, it didn't make a difference. :(

I only get this problem with sky, so i am starting to think that it is my digibox or the satellite cable. Has anyone had a similar problem, or know where i could find out?

But did you have the problem with your previous tv?
I mean to say you had the same peripherals as now but no such problem?

well on my original tv i didn't notice it, but i think that was becuase the picture was very blurry, and so i couldn't really see it.
Then i bought a ph40 where i started to notice it.

Now on my pl4 it is very bad, and i think this tv just shows a probelm that might have been there for a while. I say this becuase this tv is much sharper and clearer so probablu shows this faint interference.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom