1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help setting up? - Sharp LC26GA5E

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by ianmac, Jun 9, 2005.

1. ianmac

ianmac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Being something of a novice I have quickly become stuck on my setup, the problem being that DVD (with a new Panasonic DVD Recorder) can only be viewed in black and white. I have tried connecting using components and using scart with the same problem on each, although the picture quality itself is excellent (particularly using components).
    The DVDR plays in colour on my old TV (using scart), and I have no problem with receiving colour on the Sharp for freeview or ordinary channel reception, so it is not a simple matter of the monochrome function being switched on by mistake. I cant seem to trace this back to any function options on either the Sharp or the DVD....does anyone have any ideas what might be going on?? Thanks.

2. ianmac

ianmac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have traced the problem to the components connection (in fact the scart now seems to work)...only one of the three components links seems to be functioning. Cant yet identify if it is a cable problem (cost 40 quid!), DVD output problem or TV input problem. Anyone else have similar issues?

3. Nicky

Nicky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Do you need to turn on the 'component out' on the DVDR somewhere. It's not commun for DVD players not to be happy about doing both RGB and component simultaneously. Might be worth trying the DVD recorder forum.

Nick

4. ianmac

ianmac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that, so simple really once you know what you are looking for. Picture looking great with component.