1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Setting up Servo 15

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by jasonb, Nov 15, 2002.

1. jasonb

jasonb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,
    Just got a servo 15 and I've hooked it up with a marantz SR 5200 now when I demo'd it over Smurfin's (Cheers Mate!) It sounded awsome, however plug it into the amp and stuck on AOTC opening and there is this horrid rasping noise, now I know that I probably shouldn't have the amp up to a smidge before max and the sub on 3/4 but boys will be boys!!!!! So I set all the bass from all speakers to small and routed to the sub and set the sub level on odb. Should I (i) lower setting on sub, (ii) lower volume on amp (iii) lower sub level on amp or (iv) get my chainsaw out and have two expensive minute of pleasure, Levels set correctly on chainsaw!!!!!!!!!:(

2. BadAss

BadAss
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    Just slap in AOTC, play the first THX audio track, set you amps volume to 0db, then lower or raise the individual channels using a DB meter (presume you have a meter) and hey presto all speakers calibrated to reference level.